Tuesday 31 January 2012

Healthy Monday night dinner

Well I outdid myself in the kitchen last night.  Just another busy Monday around here however I felt very inspired to be adventurous in the kitchen!  This was one of those dinners where Kevin looked at my wide eyed and said "Wow-you spoil me".  It's true - I do have my moments!


My mouth is watering just looking a this picture!

Menu:
*Michele's Chicken Charmoula with Cucumber yogurt sauce & Chipotle Harissa - Whitewater Cooks with Friends
*Quinoa with Sundried tomatoes and parsley 
*Mixed Green Salad with 'Super Healthy Vinaigrette'

Super-Healthy Vinaigrette Recipe
Cookbook: The Very Best Healing Foods by Rachel Fontaine
*Bought this book at Costco and love it*

1/4 cup olive oil
2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
1 tsp honey
2 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley (leaves & stems)
2 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
1 clove garlic, minced
1 small shallot, chopped
1/2 tsp grated fresh ginger
a pinch of cayenne pepper
salt and pepper to taste

Place all ingredients in a blender or shaker.  Mix for 1 minute.
YUMMY!

The Chicken Charmoula was to die for.  It was chicken skewers with lemon wedges and onions marinated in a delicious charmoula sauce and then BBQ'd.  So juicy and delicious with the tzatziki and chipotle sauce to dip.

Okay I think I need to go to bed before I decided to make a midnight snack.

Bye for now

No comments:

Post a Comment