Monday 13 January 2014

This weeks food highlights - Week 2

Okay so I missed a week…or two of this post over the holidays but what can I say I barely ate at home! I am back into my routine of cooking at home and loving it!! Trying lots of new recipes.  Here are a few food highlights from the past week or so.
Tacos with Homemade Tortillas! Once you make homemade tortillas you will never go back to store bought (well unless your feeling really lazy or just don't have the time.)  It takes about half an hour to make the dough, roll it out and cook the tortillas! Here is the recipe I use - Homemade Tortillas
Toppings for my tacos are varied but usually include: some sort of crockpot chicken or beef or veggie tacos with black beans being the protein,  avocados, tomatoes, onions, cilantro, salsa, red cabbage, lettuce,  jalapeños, chipotle sour cream, cheese, lime

Top Left: Spinach & Mixed Green Salad with Granny smith Apples, Blue Cheese and Pecans.  Top Right: Homemade Pizza: Roasted Veggies with Asiago cheese and fresh mozzarella.  Bottom Left: Cashewgurt - yummy dairy free Cashew "Yogurt". Delicious snack with blueberries, vanilla and cinnamon.  Bottom Right: 1) White Bean, Spicy Italian Sausage and Kale Soup from Whitewater Cooks - these cookbooks rock!  2) Winter Abundance Bowl - oh my goodness…so healthy and so delicious!

Danielle




1 comment:

  1. I just pinned the recipe for homemade tortillas! I'm definitely making these!

    Lisa.

    ReplyDelete